Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Little Women

I can confess that this book took me so long to read because I was reading it to my daughter at night. I wanted to read classic novels to her at bedtime, and I figured I could start with Little Women.

This is such a moving story when all is said and done. There is love and loss, but the most important aspect is the growth of the four young women - Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy. The way that they grow and learn is the heart and soul of this story and I so enjoyed sharing that with my two year old. She doesn't understand, but I feel great sharing it with her.

Tissues are needed for a certain chapter in this book (where the loss happens), because I know I was driven to sobs by it.

The only thing I did not completely enjoy about the book is the almost preachy nature. It has a lot of religious references, but I was able to overlook a lot of them because Louisa May Alcott managed to cover the preaching and religious stuff under some good morals that anyone can use - religious or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment