Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Gone Girl


I don't think I have ever detested two characters more than I detest Nick and Amy in Gone Girl. They are horrible excuses for human beings.

That being said, I actually enjoyed this book. I'm not entirely sure why I enjoyed it, but I definitely did.

Maybe it was the fact that, for a while there, I wasn't entirely sure if Nick was involved in his wife's disappearance. Amy goes missing on the day of their fifth wedding anniversary. Nick is naturally a suspect.

But Amy's has secrets of her own. Secrets that, when they are revealed, show her character in ways that it hadn't been revealed before.

Of course, as the book goes on, these two characters become more and more detestable. I know I keep using that word, but that's really how I feel about them. Great book, horrible characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment