Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

The Iron King


This book ended up recommended to me by Goodreads based on what I'd been reading. I kind of went in to it with a bit of skepticism. It just didn't really seem like my kind of book, but I went for it anyway. Especially since the local library had it. So, I checked it out, read it, and found myself sucked in before too long.

Meghan Chase leads a boring life in Louisiana with her mom, stepdad, and half-brother. She's the farthest thing from popular at school, but she has a best friend who is there for her no matter what. Then, she turns sixteen and everything changes.

What Meghan Chase doesn't know, is that the world of Fey, all those faeries from Shakespeare and other stories, really exists.

She ends up on this epic adventure to save her little brother and meets her real father. Plus, she discovers that her best friend is Puck.

I really got drawn into this story when she started to realize what was happening in the world around her. I am so excited to read the next book, so that I can see what happens next to Meghan.

No comments:

Post a Comment