Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter


I read this book because it was so hyped not too long ago (since the movie came out). I thought I'd give it a shot, especially since I'm kind of fond of Civil War era literature. But I was honestly a little disappointed with this book.

Maybe it's because it starts off on a sour note for me. I know this is fiction, but it's written in the manner of a biography. I don't know, but something about this book just didn't really jive with what I enjoy reading.

It's very much what it says it is. The secret of Abraham Lincoln's life - that he was a vampire hunter. Not only that, but the Civil War was fought because vampires wanted to make all humans slaves for their food source.

The writing style kind of irked me a bit too. It alternates between a story being told and journal entries that were written by Lincoln during his life as a vampire hunter. I kind of wish it would have just picked one and stuck with it. Maybe that's why I'm not a huge fan of non-fiction.

I don't know. I guess this was just a one-off for me on my reading journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment