Pages

Friday, December 19, 2014

Herland


This was a surprisingly good read. I wasn't really expecting it out of a book I had to read for school. I am too often disappointed by the required reading. But some of my classmates didn't appreciate this one as much as I did.

The narrator of this book is Van. He and two of his friends - Terry and Jeff - go on an expedition. During their original venture, they begin picking up stories about a community consisting only of women. So they plan to visit this hidden community for "research."

This becomes a very interesting story when they do discover these women, They become prisoners in a sense, but it quickly becomes apparent that these women are just as interested in the outside world as these three men were about their little group.

This story has some really humorous points, as well as this kind of weird message about meeting new groups of people. Although, the book was written to be a female Utopia. Women have all this power because they have not had men to help them for nearly 2000 years.

I highly recommend this book. It is way more than it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment