Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Grey

Ok, let's just say it. This is a polarizing book and a polarizing series. People love it, people hate it.

Then there are people like me. I read it, and I didn't think it was the most amazing book in the history of literature, but at the same time, I didn't immediately want to burn it. It was a book. I'll likely read it again. But it won't be on my favorite books list anytime soon.

Let's just cut to the chase. We all know what this book is. It's Fifty Shades of Grey from Christian Grey's point of view. Happy?

Now, here's what I'll say about it. Whenever a book is written in first person point of view, I always kind of wonder how the other characters are seeing these scenes. But usually authors don't care that there are readers that want to see these other sides of the same scenes. This book is my secret wishes made real.

Yes, it has the same dialogue that Fifty Shades has, but that's not the important part to me. I wanted the inner thoughts and the things that happened with Christian when they weren't together.

Plus, some small part of me really wanted to see at least some of the Christian/Elena relationship. I still don't like that woman.

I feel like I'm able to give this particular review because I use books as an escape from real life. I forget about what other people think about certain books and I sit and read them and form my own opinions.

So, this is my opinion. I liked the book. I thought it was an almost fluffy read for me in the midst of some rather heavy classics that I've been reading lately. It was a book I didn't have to think about.

But if you don't like the book, don't read it. I won't judge you on that. I won't judge you if you think it's the greatest book ever. Because it doesn't matter to me and it doesn't change my opinion of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment