Pages

Monday, December 28, 2015

The Children of Men

I don't think I enjoyed this as much as I wanted to simply because it was an audiobook and I found the narrator to be kind of dull. That being said, I liked the dystopian nature of the story, and it makes you think what would happen if everyone in the world did suddenly become infertile. How would you react if you learned you couldn't have a child?

The way that Theo has to go through this time is interesting, but I didn't really enjoy his story until the second half of the book. The first half is more Theo meeting with a radical group that doesn't like the way the government is being run and wants to change it all. While this group has a point, it's five people coming up against the government and there really wasn't much that could be done.

Maybe I'll read this book again at some later point and actually read it as opposed to listening to it as an audiobook.

No comments:

Post a Comment