Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Slaughterhouse Five

I honestly didn't really get this book. It was bizarre. It's called an anti-war book, but I definitely didn't get that vibe from it. I more got a vibe that this was a book about a very unusual man who kept going in and out of his time in World War II.

Billy Pilgrim jumps through time. Basically, he's able to see different points in his life from other points. It's a very confusing concept. There is a lot of jumping between the 60s and the 50s and the 40s. Sometimes he's in Dresdan before and after it is bombed, and then the next moment he's twenty years in the future, and then he's back ten years.

I'm not saying it wasn't a good book. I can appreciate how it became a classic. But it's still very bizarre, and not really my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment