Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Deja Dead


I really liked this book. My mom had read it, so I went in knowing that, while the character is named the same as the one on Bones, it wasn't the same character. She has some similarities, but this is not the perfection based Brennan.

The one huge negative that I have about this book is the French. I get that it takes place in Montreal, but I don't speak a bit of French, so at least once a chapter, there were entire sentences that I didn't understand. Occasionally there would be a translation immediately following the French, but usually I was stuck to just wonder what I had missed.

Temperance Brennan is a forensic anthropologist who is called on to help solve a series of murders involving the dismemberment and brutality of women. She gets really involved and keeps overstepping her bounds to ask questions and do extra investigating.

Things turn bad when Tempe's best friend Gabby turns up brutally murdered while a picture of Tempe and her daughter in the grave. She suddenly has to fear for her own and her daughter's lives.

This was a great book in that you knew the killer's alias early on - St. Jacques - but you don't learn his identity until the very end. It definitely kept my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment