Pages

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Timebound


Kindle First has been good to me so far. First I read Things We Set on Fire, and now I've read this book. It's the first book in what will be a series and I will definitely wait impatiently for more books.

Kate thinks she's just a normal girl. She had a few episodes in the previous year that doctors called panic attacks, but she wasn't convinced. She learned why when she met her grandmother - a woman named Katherine who was born a couple of centuries in the future. Katherine has made contact with Kate in the hopes that she can help fix a timeline that is getting more and more treacherous with each passing day.

Things go horribly wrong when a temporal shift causes Kate's mother to blink out of existence, thereby making it so that Kate technically doesn't exist in the timeline. She has to go back to 1893 to fix a murder that changes everything for her.

I was really into this book. It sucked me in and kept me engaged. It's technically young adult, but you wouldn't really guess that by the way the story is told. True, Kate is only 16 going on 17, but she acts a lot older than her age. I am loving Kindle First.

No comments:

Post a Comment