Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

The Iron Daughter


**Book 1**

I had so many emotional ups and downs reading this book. I hit all the major ones: happy, sad, excited, angry, furious, terrified, hopeful, etc. Not just that, but I got emotionally attached to a few characters. Namely Meghan and Ash. So I had several moments where I thought my heart was going to break.

Anyway, Meghan begins this book essentially trapped in the Winter Court because of her deal with Ash from the last book. Oberon wants to rescue her and take her back to Summer, but because she made a deal, he can't really help her. She's in love with Ash, but as soon as they got to the Winter Court, he distanced himself and she begins to question whether he really loves her like she thought he did. Not only that, but his brother Rowan starts messing with her and gets her to admit that she loves Ash, which will be used to his own advantage.

Then, chaos. The Iron fey are back and they're stealing the Scepter of the Seasons and Meghan is the only witness to this. War is declared between Winter and Summer because Winter believes that Summer took the scepter. No one believes Meghan when she says it was the Iron fey, and she becomes a block of ice.

She then has to go on this quest to recover the scepter with a motley crew of help. Ash (on and off), Puck (eventually), Ironhorse (who was originally an enemy), and Grimalkin (a mischievous cat) assist Meghan in her quest and she has to deal with all sorts of emotions and personal problems along the way.

The end was amazing because she (and everyone else) discovers something interesting and unexpected about her abilities as faery.

I so want to read the next book to find out what happens next. So, until I get to the library, I'll pine over my favorite fey.

No comments:

Post a Comment