Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire


**Book 1 * Book 2 * Book 3**

I so adore this series. It's been on my favorite books list for years. I think it always will. And I refuse to label it as "children's" or even "YA". It's a series for everyone. It's a series that matures as it progresses.

Anyway, I am hating that it will take me forever to get through this series. I love reading it with Pottermore. That website is so much fun and I like the new information that is littered through the chapters.

This book is definitely a more serious tone than the earlier books are. Harry is suddenly thrust into a dangerous tournament. The Triwizard Tournament, which has three tasks (the number three is oddly important in this book), is supposed to be just for students that are over 17. But somehow, Harry's name is chosen to be a fourth champion. This creates a lot of tension, both among the students in Hogwarts and among the visiting schools (Durmstrang and Beauxbatons).

Harry has to deal with so much craziness over the course of this tournament. The end is not a fun time and you discover that one of the people that Harry has come to trust, shouldn't have been trusted. The dark ending is something that will affect the rest of the series.

God I love these books. I can't wait until Pottermore opens up Order of the Phoenix so that I can enjoy that book as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment