Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The Doorknob Society


Ok. I'm going to say something about this book. I loved the premise. I thought it was a brilliant story. My problem is that I felt like if I were to edit this book, it would be filled with red marks. There were spelling issues, grammar issues, punctuation issues. It just made the entire book a struggle.

That being said, I was able to look past all of that (mostly) to enjoy the actual story.

Chloe Masters is the daughter of a magician. Except not really. It turns out that Chloe, and her father, have powers. They have the ability to use doorknobs - any doorknobs - in order to create portals from one place to another. But her father is in trouble. Someone is trying to hurt him. Eventually, he just goes missing.

Chloe has to go to a special school for others like her. Except not everyone uses doorknobs. During her time, she has to work with students from the other societies, which don't always get along. She learns more than just how to control her powers. She learns how to trust others.

It's an intriguing story with suspense and just a hint of romance. I think I'll read the next book to give the series a chance to make up for the editing issues that this one had.

No comments:

Post a Comment