Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Eat, Pray, Love

Ok. I have to admit that I am not really a fan of non-fiction. It just doesn't draw me in like fiction and all of its sub-genres do. But, I enjoyed this memoir.

Maybe it's because I listened to it as an audiobook and that Elizabeth Gilbert was the one reading it. Somehow I just felt like I was sitting in her house, listening to her recount tales of her travels through Italy, India, and Indonesia. She made it fun for me.

I did thoroughly enjoy her story in general though. I probably would have gotten bored if it had been an actual book in my hands, but I was able to sit back and listen to all these wild and occasionally humorous tales of this journey that she had to take to find peace and balance in her life after her mess of a divorce.

It also helps that it had a very positive ending that made me think that she had finally found happiness in her life after going through so many struggles just to get to the point where she could even begin her year-long trip through these three vastly different countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment