Pages

Friday, November 27, 2015

Anne of Green Gables

This book was extremely enjoyable. But poor Anne. She has some serious ups and downs in the five years that this book covers.

First off, she's an orphan. She ends up with Marilla and Matthew Cuthbert by sheer accident. They had requested a boy, but ended up with Anne. They talked about sending her back, but decided to keep her.

School has its good times and bad. Being friends occasionally creates strife. Even the end of the book has both happy and not so happy moments.

But I felt like I could really identify with Anne on some level. The book is really about her growing up into a young woman from a girl. Growing up isn't easy - it all has ups and downs. And I found that the young woman that Anne becomes over the course of this book is one that I hope my own girls can aspire to be. Selfless, polite, while still remaining relatively independent.

No comments:

Post a Comment