Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Penelope


This book was terrible. It really had no plot, the characters were very shallow, surface creations, and the writing is just, I don't know, bad.

I got this book because the idea seemed like something I could enjoy. Penelope goes for her freshman year at Harvard. She is an awkward girl who listens to her mother way more than she should. It seemed like a story I could sort of get into. I was so wrong.

The book revolves around all of Penelope's social awkwardness. She says stupid things, makes friends with people who, honestly, do not make good friends, and gets herself into horrible situations with the men she meets that just seem like she's asking to be sexually assaulted.

The book just disgusted me. The characters have no depth. The plot is a weak thread of "Penelope goes to Harvard." It's a waste of 300 pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment