Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Night Circus


My mother suggested that I read this book. I have to admit, when I started the book, I did not really think that I would enjoy it. But I was pleasantly surprised that I did enjoy this book.

The book revolves around two competing magicians as they attempt to prove which of them is the strongest. What they don't know is that their teachers have kept the way that you win from both of them.

The Night Circus is a traveling circus where Celia, one of the competitors, performs as an illusionist. Marco, the other competitor, is stuck in London as he attempts to compete appropriately.

The circus becomes their challenge. They use their magic to change and enhance the circus, creating wonders that most of us would only dream of. But, eventually, they use the circus to express feelings that they begin having for each other.

It becomes an almost sweet love story. I definitely liked it. But my enjoyment came after some unknown point where I realized that I just couldn't put the book down.

No comments:

Post a Comment