Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Beautiful Redemption


**Book 1 * Book 2 * Book 2.5 * Book 3**

I must say, after the depressing end of the third book, I wasn't really sure where this one would go. I mean, seriously, Ethan was gone. There's generally no coming back from a jump off a water tower.

How wrong I was. This book was exciting like the others, but with a sort of bittersweet note to it. I'm not sure if that was my own personal feelings regarding the ending of a series I had come to love or me sort of feeling what the characters felt.

Ethan is determined. He isn't supposed to be dead. This was not his fate. But if he wants to return to the Mortal world, to his family, to Lena, he has to go on a huge quest that is not as easy as it sounds. Just cross a river, make a deal with a gatekeeper, rip a page out of a book. Sounds easy, right? It's not.

Ethan encounters problems the whole way, and he has to use all of his skills to solve the problems of his journey. Unlike the other times that he has to deal with some supernatural problem, this time he is, for all intents and purposes, alone.

I'm sad this series is over, but I think it had a really satisfying ending. But, part of me does wish it didn't have an ending. But that's the same part of me that hates to have a good book end.

No comments:

Post a Comment