Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2015

A Tale of Two Cities

I really enjoyed this book. It's kind of hit and miss with these classic novels that have been popular for a crazy long time. This was a hit.

Granted, before I actually sat down to read it, the only thing I knew about the book was the famous opening line. I didn't know any of the story, what the plot was, who the characters were, none of it. I went into this book blind.

It did not disappoint me at all. Dickens created his characters in a way to make them endearing (or hateful depending on what character we're talking about). By the end of the book, I truly cared about Lucie, Doctor Manette, Charles Darnay, and even Miss Pross.

Not only where the characters amazing, the story was engaging. It takes place over two centuries ago, but the way the book was written made it feel like the events of the French Revolution and the Guillotine happened not too long ago.

Overall, a very satisfying book.

No comments:

Post a Comment