Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Moby Dick

I have to say, I did not particularly enjoy this book. In fact, the word I would use to best describe it would be tedious. I probably only really like 15% of the book total, while the other 85% could have easily been taken out to make the story actually passable.

There is so much of this book that is utterly unnecessary to the story of Ahab and Moby Dick. Heck, you don't even really have Moby Dick until the very end anyway. There is an insane amount about the anatomy of whales and the history of the whaling industry, but it really is unnecessary. It just had chapters that read very textbook to me instead of novel, to the point where I started wondering if I was going to be tested at the end about what I learned about whales and whaling.

I will always remember my experience with this book, but I am not likely to ever read it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment