Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

How can one not love this last book? The darkest book in the series, it also manages to clear up some burning questions from previous books. There ends up being new feelings for characters that have been known since the beginning, but who have not really been revealed as far as their true nature is concerned.

I have found myself feeling things that I often feel while I read a great book. I get connected to certain characters who don't make it to the end (not sharing who doesn't make it) and find myself crying over their loss.

I think this book shows Harry finishing the maturing process that he needed to do while finding a way to defeat Voldemort once and for all. His journey isn't easy and he has to make decisions that no 17 year old should have to make. He is essentially forced to be a man when he still very much wants to be a boy like some of his friends.

I'm sad to have finished this beloved series again, but I know that, like an old friend, it will always be waiting on the shelf for me when I need it the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment