Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Red Riding Hood


I'm not sure whether this was written prior to the movie or after. But I love the movie of this telling of Little Red Riding Hood.

The Wolf is a werewolf. Somebody in Valerie's village is the Wolf. The villagers provide a monthly sacrifice - an animal from their mangers. By providing this animal sacrifice each time there's a full moon, the people of the village are spared the death that they had previously suffered from.

But now there's a blood moon, a moon that occurs once every 13 years and the only time that the werewolf can pass on his (her?) curse to another. This begins a hunt to discover and destroy the Wolf.

Everyone is suspicious of everyone else. Who is the Wolf?

I enjoyed this book, but I felt that it ended rather abruptly. It felt unfinished. But, overall, I enjoy this retelling of Little Red Riding Hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment