Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Magician's Nephew


Since finishing the Little House series with my daughter, we have moved on to The Chronicles of Narnia. I will admit that I haven't really read these books. So, while I read to the three year old, I will be enjoying them for the first time.

The Magician's Nephew is the first book in the series by placement of book, although it was written and published sixth. But I read it first because it is the beginning of Narnia.

Digory is a little boy with a neighbor girl, Polly, who becomes a close friend. His uncle, however, is not a good man. Uncle Andrew is a magician, but he is not a nice magician. He tricks Polly into using a ring which transports her to another world and forces Digory to go as well in order to bring Polly back into their own world.

During this, the children go on an adventure, meet an evil Witch, and witness the birth of the land of Narnia.

Overall, this is a good book. It is fantastical in it's creation and tells the story of the professor as a child and Narnia before the other books begin.

1 comment:

  1. Just finished re-reading all of the Narnia books...last summer I think? I love that you're reading them to your daughter (and the little house on the prairie series), such a good idea!!!

    Hope everything is going well for you :)

    ReplyDelete