Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Break No Bones


**Book 1 * Book 2 * Book 3 * Book 4 * Book 5 * Book 6 * Book 7 * Book 8**

This book starts a bit confusing I thought. Tempe is working with students on Dewees Island excavating a Sewee burial ground. A developer wants to build condos on the property, but the area is being reviewed for historical importance. But, when one of her students finds a body that is much more recent than ancient Native American, Tempe is thrust into a murder investigation.

The murder investigation gets interesting when other bodies are discovered, with unusual fracture patterns on the vertebrae and cut marks on the inner spine. Not only that, but the coroner that she's assisting is extremely ill and there is a journalist who has way too much information.

Pete, Tempe's estranged husband, is also in the area investigating a church for a man who donates a lot of money to them. Tempe finds herself confused by her feelings for Pete, and Andrew Ryan comes down for a visit making this a very bizarre love triangle thing. I wasn't too thrilled with that aspect of the book. After 9 books, I wish Tempe would just figure out how she feels about Pete and either divorce him once and for all, or get back together with him. Poor Ryan is being dragged through Tempe's emotional roller coaster and I don't think that's fair to him.

I'm still enjoying these books. But I'm finding I'm enjoying them more for Tempe's professional side than I am for her personal side. I'm starting to find that personal Tempe is tiresome, while professional Tempe excites me with her investigative skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment