Pages

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Drums of Autumn


**Book 1 * Book 2 * Book 3**

Oh my god! Seriously? Oh, sorry. Forgot that I was having this conversation in my own head.

This whole book was an oh my god! Jamie and Claire are living happily in the Colonies (mind you, this is the 1760s-1770s). They manage to get away from Jamie's Aunt Jocasta who wants to make him heir to her plantation, even though neither he nor Claire would be comfortable taking it and the slaves that come with it. So, they settle on a mountainside in North Carolina. Although, all the descriptions of their little homestead sounds almost idyllic. I'd live there and I'm so much a city girl.

But then Roger and Brianna discover an article that announces Jamie and Claire's deaths. So Brianna decides she has to go back to warn her mother. There was also a serious curiosity about meeting her biological father. But she doesn't tell Roger, her boyfriend, that she's going back. He figures it out, follows her back in time six weeks later and all sorts of chaos ensues.

There are some points where I felt like I was floating on cloud nine and all happy about what's happening, and then there were those points where I found myself shaking with either anger or fear. I'm so ready to absorb this next book. It's just such a great series.

No comments:

Post a Comment