Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Heart of Darkness


I know I'm supposed to blog about this, but I honestly don't know how. I just really didn't get this book. I mean, there's supposed to be allegory and something about man's darker nature, but I just didn't get it.

Marlowe is the character who tells this story about his time as the captain of a steamboat on an African river. It was a really disjointed story that made very little sense. The writing was pretty terrible, with sentences that just go on and on.

I retained almost none of the story, except that apparently Marlowe is perfectly ok with lying to a woman about her fiance's final words, which brings into question the validity of everything he had said up until that point.

I don't know. I'll probably never read this again and I only read it now because I had to for school.

No comments:

Post a Comment