Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2014

The Patchwork Girl of Oz


**Book 1 * Book 2 * Book 3 * Book 4 * Book 5 * Book 6**

This was an odd book. We get a bunch of new characters, like Ojo the Unlucky, Unc Nunkie, the Patchwork Girl (Scraps), and a slew of supporting characters that are unusual.

Unc Nunkie gets petrified, so Ojo (his nephew) goes on a quest to find the items the Crooked Magician needs to make a potion to reverse the petrification. He takes Scraps, the Patchwork Girl that was made by the Crooked Magician's wife (by use of the Powder of Life), along on his journey.

Naturally they get into interesting and absurd adventures, just like every other character in every other Oz book. But I think by this point, I'm getting a little tired of the formula for these books. I enjoy the new characters and their interesting stories, but I wish that there wasn't all these introductions of strange people who reside in the land of Oz.

I still enjoy this series, and it seems like my four year old is interested in the story too.

No comments:

Post a Comment